We are pleased to open our doors to the public on June 1st! Please keep in mind the new visitation protocols before planning your visit to the Museum:
- We are NOT permitting visitors from provinces EAST OF MANITOBA without proof of 14 day self-isolation.
- Debit/Credit payments are preferred at this time.
- Visitors must keep a 2 metre distance between others.
- Visiting groups must be made up of 10 people or less.
- Persons showing symptoms or who are feeling unwell should stay home.
- Only one small group inside a heritage building at one time.
- As always, please refrain from touching artifacts or furniture inside the heritage buildings.
The Fort la Reine Museum is dedicated to collecting, preserving, and exhibiting the history of Portage la Prairie and providing educational opportunities, tourism information, and interactive experiences to all visitors.
Fort la Reine Museum is home to 25+ unique heritage buildings. The homes and buildings are designed not only to show the artifacts, but also to illustrate the lifestyle of a prairie community. As well as the life of early pioneers you can also discover the trials of early frontier entrepreneurs; following along on their journey of trading furs for goods and living away from their families.
SEASONAL HOURS OF OPERATION
September 3 – November 1, 2020: Open Thurs-Sun from 11:00am-3:00pm (with the exception of Fright at the Museum dates – to be determined)
SEASONAL ADMISSION PRICES
• Adult: $ 10.00
• 60+: $ 8.00
• Student (Valid Student ID): $ 8.00
• Children (5-12): $ 5.00
• Children (4 and under): Free
• Daily Family Pass*: $ 25.00
• Individual Membership: $ 25.00
• Family Membership: $ 60.00
Members: Free regular admission, discounts on signature special events, access to resource libraries.
METHOD OF PAYMENT
We take cash, credit, and cheque (can be made out to the Fort la Reine Museum). The museum does not accept debit for purchases over $100.
*Includes 2 Adults and up to 3 Children or 2 Youth/Seniors
Note: Teachers/Escorts of School Tours are NOT charged admission. (to a ratio of 10:1)
Fort la Reine Museum is located on Highway 1A just on the outskirts of Portage la Prairie. The museum is situated on 5 acres of land and houses 25+ unique heritage buildings.
View in Google Maps
Fort la Reine Museum has one gravel parking lot used for regular museum hours and one extra gravel parking lot for overflow parking and events. The parking lot is situated in front of the grounds and has easy access to the main doors and to the exit of the museum grounds.
WHERE CAN I WALK?
Fort la Reine museum strives to be accessible to all people. Most buildings are wheelchair accessible including our main exhibit gallery. Our grounds are comprised of mown grass and a small section of gravel in the Pioneer Village.